A book has got smell. A new book smells great. An old book smells even better. An old book smells like ancient Egypt — Ray Bradbury
Meet Debasubhra Banerjee, a Business Content Editor with a Big Four professional services firm and the proud owner of a personal library of over 5000 books (most of which are hopelessly old). Debasubhra is a Ravenclaw, pretentious intellectual, loves reading and loves to show it off even more. He takes pride in his library and hopes to usurp the Iron Throne of a Westeros where violence and intrigue has been replaced by books and bookish people.
This blog is dedicated to vintage or at least not-so-new literary stuff. The Book Haven is essentially for people who believe old books just smell freaking awesome. So what exactly should you expect from this literary vessel?
- An introduction with rare gems (warning: horror, fantasy, and crime fiction will be all over the place).
- Intriguing bookish news from the past and the present.
- Ebooks for old and out of print stuff.
- Recalling our favorite authors and editors of the golden era.
- Nostalgic retro covers and literature related paintings.
- Featured articles on vintage topics.
Join the journey. Re-live the past. Be a retro reader.